Civilian Rifle Training Course (CRTC)
K.S.R.A. organizes a 7-Class Civilian Rifle Training Course to introduce safe-handling and use of shooting equipment, in various disciplines. The course will held for 7 Classes (over weekends) will introduce civilians to various techniques of shooting, rules to be obeyed for safe gun handling, etc. This course has been made mandatory by the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore, for procurement of Arms Licence. Following completion of the course, a certificate will be handed. This course is also required for obtaining membership into K.S.R.A.
CRTC Training Session
|Air Rifle & Air Pistol Session||9.30am to 11.00am|
|.22 Std Rifle Session||11.00am to 12.30pm|
|.22 Pistol Session||12.30pm to 2.00pm|
- The aims and objects of this Association are to encourage the art and science of marksmanship throughout the State Particularly among the civilian population as a healthy sport, which will also serve the purpose of self- defense.
- The application for membership should be submitted together with the prescribed fee and three (3) passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Annual Subscription for Ordinary Membership shall be paid before the end of March each year for the succeeding year without awaiting reminders. If by the end of March, subscription is due for 2 years, membership stands terminated automatically
- The proposal for Membership must be from a member and seconded by another member of the Association known to the applicant.
- The Range is open for practice on Saturdays & Sundays from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.The changes in timings will be informed, if any from time to time.
Target shooting is one of the major sporting events, which is gaining importance and limelight at a rapid pace. Certain rules and regulations have to be adhered to strictly, during practice, transit, and weapon cleaning. Given below is a brief of the Range Discipline, and some do’s and don’ts. Please bear in mind that, given the possibility of harm being caused by carelessness when handling weapons, PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
1. Weapons have to be handled and used with utmost care, both on and off the shooting range.
2. Always carry the weapon in its carrying case only.
3. Always ensure that the weapon is in a safe stage, and the action bolt is in ‘OPEN’ state.
4. The weapon should be loaded ONLY when the shooter is ready for target practice and when the Range Offices issues a ‘Load & Fire’ command.
5. Always and immediately abide by the Range Officer’s command.
6. Stop firing immediately on observation of any activity in front of you (the shooter).
7. Strictly adhere to the Rules of the Range, Association and Armoury.
8. Ensure your mobile phones are SWITCHED OFF within the Range premises.
9. Ensure children are kept away at a safe distance in the shooting range.
10. Don’t shoot in an intoxicated or drugged state.
1. Always switch off your Mobile phones and any disturbing gadgets in the Range.
2. Every time, try and beat your own performance. Motivate yourself to improve.
3. Always return back all fired cases and unfired rounds, back to the Armoury.
4. Always announce and discuss your shooting plans with the Range Officer.
5. Encourage your fellow shooters and exchange information on shooting, which is mutually beneficial.
6. Maintain Silence as much as possible.
7. Ensure that equipment belonging to the Association is safely deposited back. Any loss of these equipment is a loss to all of us.
8. Create and contribute towards a positive and competitive atmosphere for everyone’s benefit.
9. Always use others’ property with utmost care.
10. Help in maintaining a clean surrounding and use the waste paper bins, whenever you have to.
1. Don’t break rules. Rules are meant for the common benefit of everyone.
2. Don’t handle the weapon in any other manner than that specified. Dont meddle with weapons and equipment of other shooters.
3. Don’t consume Alcohol while shooting
4. Don’t consume Drugs while shooting.
4. Don’t smoke in the shooting range.
5. Don’t use abusive and foul language while at the shooting range.
6. Don’t blame others for your mistakes. Always remember that you are your best hope.
7. Don’t mix your Personal Grievances or Enmity while shooting.
8. Don’t bring contraband items to the shooting range.
9. Don’t bypass any channels of the Association/Club.
10. Don’t argue/discuss/debate on any topic, while at the range.